5 GREAT APPS FOR PLANT LOVERS + 1 BONUS
Surrounding yourself with plants indoors is beneficial to your decor aesthetic and health!
7 Benefits of living with house plants:
- Indoor plants may help reduce stress levels
- Real plants may sharpen your attention
- Working with plants can be therapeutic
- Plants may help you recover from illness faster
- Plants may boost your productivity
- Plants may improve your whole outlook on work
- Plants may improve the quality of indoor air
“Plants are a way of creating a moment of escape within your own home, of bringing the outside world in”
So we love them, appreciate them, and want more of them, but how do we care for them and help them thrive? (We don’t all have green thumbs, hmm hmm)..
We recommend the following 5 apps to help you help your plants thrive.
They all have a free option, but you’ll have to pay for the premium features.
Planta | **Apple Apps Editor’s Choice ** Your houseplants will love this app. Simply tell Planta a location (living room, kitchen, office) and how much light the area gets, and the app will recommend the plants most likely to survive there. With Planta, you can turn your home into a horticultural haven.
- Care Schedules & Reminders
- Step by Step Guides
- Plant Recommendations based on skill level
- Plant Identification
- Discover plants for every corner of your home
- Plant Journal
Nature ID | A smart assistant for your plants.
- Plant Identifier
- Plant Doctor
- Plant Care Guide
- Plant Journal
- Plant Encyclopedia
Gardenia | Manage your garden with style and discover precious tips on how to take care of your plants! Organize tasks and set smart gardening reminders: Gardenia will be your essential green helper!
- Browse a 90000+ species database
- Gardening tips such as sun exposure, watering, fertilization, soiling
- Garden Manager
- Weather Monitor
Florish | The complete indoor plant companion app, designed for those new to indoor gardening who may need help picking new plants for a space, or caring for the ones they already own.
- Light Monitor
- Plant Database
- Indoor Plants Only
- Pro Tips
Blossom | ** People’s Voice Winner 2022 ** – The Webby Awards
Want to become a better plant parent?
Meet Blossom – the app that guides you through plant parenthood. With Blossom, you can confidently grow and care for your plants with the support and inspiration you need.
- Plant Care Info
- Care Reminders
- Accurate Plant Database
- Plant Disease ID
- Water Calculator
- Guide for Growing Edible Plants
- Green Blog
- Personal Plant Collection
+ 1 Bonus App
This one is for plant lovers who need some time management help.
Plantie | A time management app that allows you to grow and harvest your favourite fruits while stay focused on your work.
- Grow your favourite fruit while focusing on your task
- The task will be interrupted if the user switches to other apps
- Keep track of your performance every day
- Collect badges and keep motivated
- Unlock more fruits along the way
- Cute and fun to use
Note to self: These plants that may be dangerous for children or pets
Common plants that pose a danger to children and animals:
- aloe vera
- English ivy
- a wide variety of lilies
- monstera deliciosa
- sago palm
- umbrella plant
**This isn’t a comprehensive list. If you have children or pets, double-check before bringing a new plant variety into your home.
Apps are available for IOS on the Apple App Store.